Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Book Fair Time!!
This will be a first - a book fair during Halloween. It will be interesting. How many things can our brains take in at once? Politics, economics, costumes and books!! My brain always has room for books. It's still a perfect time to do some early holiday shopping, and all the profits benefit our library. I've seen the list. It looks like they've sent some good books.
The kids will be visiting on Thursday and filling out wish lists. We carefully explain to them that wishing doesn't mean getting. We also encourage books more than toys on the list.
(I also never put out all the little toys that Scholastic sends. I have a personal policy that I won't put out a gimmicky pen that costs as much as a book. But if you ever want to look in the boxes of stuff I don't put out, just ask.)
Hours are 8ish to 5 Thursday and Friday. I might leave earlier Friday if it looks like everyone has vacated the premises to go trick-or-treating. I'll be open from 10 to noon on Saturday, too. I do need to leave right at noon because my son and I are taking a painting workshop.
I know everyone is maxed out this week, but I could still use a couple of volunteers. E-mail me at byseabury@yahoo.com.
See you at the book fair!

No comments: