Sunday, February 19, 2006


Hellooo Seabury!

This is an idea I got at a PNAIS (Pacific Northwest Association of Independent Schools) Librarians Workshop on Friday. One of the speakers talked about how easy it is to use Google's free blogger service.

I thought "Hmm. I've been looking for a way to better communicate with Seabury families about all kinds of things. Reading ideas ... links to Web sites ... wish lists for the library ... volunteer needs. This might be a great way to do it."

This first entry is just to test the waters. It's late at night and I've just finished my shift at my other job (Copy desk at The News Tribune). So I don't have too many profound things to say.

I'll just mention that the conference Friday was mostly good. There was a great session on Books for Boys. I'll share some of those ideas in future posts.

The picture book author Nina Laden also spoke. Her best-known book is The Night I Followed the Dog. She showed us a wonderful DVD that Weston Woods just finished based on her book Roberto, the Insect Architect. It's only available to schools and libraries through Scholastic. ($59.95 ... yikes!) I'd like to figure out how to get a copy for the school. It's that good.

Here's a link to Laden's Web site, so you can see who she is and so I can try out putting links on here. She loves terrible puns; her newest book is called Romeow and Drooliet. She was a great speaker.


  • ninaladen.com
  • No comments: