Friday, October 06, 2006

A favor?

I got an e-mail from a Seabury parent saying that the Wish List link at right doesn't work properly. She said she gets a list of adult books when she tries it. It works when I link on it, but I don't know if that's because of cookies I have in my computer from Amazon.

Could some of you try it and leave comments here about whether it works or not? Thanks. It should be clearly labeled Seabury School library and the first book should be "Kenya (A-Z)"

The other way to find the wish list is to go to Amazon's main page; click on the "Find Gifts" icon. There's a search option for wish lists. Just search for Seabury School Library.

***Update: My daughter just tried the Wish List link and got a list containing a Justin Timberlake CD, "Lost" the second season DVD (have there been two seasons?); and Battlestar Galactica Season 2.5. Ack! Those are not on the library's wish list. I still would like to know what happens when others try it, but I guess we'll have to use the alternate way of finding the wish list until I figure out what's going on.

****Update 2: Well a couple of more people have tried the link and it officially doesn't work. It either goes to their wish lists or to Amazon to create a blank one. (By the way, I suspect my daughter wants you all to know she doesn't have an Amazon wish list with Battlestar Galactica on it. Who knows what list the link took her to.)

So, I've removed the link and the official way to find Seabury's wish list is as described above ... preferably through the Amazon portal on this page, if you can. Thanks again for reading. My stat counter will catch up with Halley's, yet! Or not.

Talk to you soon ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Link goes to the Amazon create a wish list page, not a Seabury wish list

Anonymous said...

Becky --

I confirmed that the link takes you to the create a wish list page. Replace the link on the blog site with the following:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?link_code=ur2&tag=talesfromseab-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&path=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fregistry%2Fwishlist%2Fref%3Dcm_gft_sub_wl%3F%255Fencoding%3DUTF8

Joy Taylor

Anonymous said...

Sorry I provided the wrong link. Use this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html/104-2520884-6891102?ie=UTF8&type=wishlist&id=2H2I025I3YS7W