Thursday, September 24, 2009


Heard in the library this week

From a first grader:
"The only reason Batman is a superhero is because of all his gadgets, actually."

From the preschool as I was reading "Ella, Of Course," about a girl's misadventures with her umbrella:

Girl: "I have a new umbrella from Disneyland."
Me: "Is it blue with clouds, like Ella's?"
Girl: "No, it's pink ... with stuff on it."
Boy: "I don't have a Spiderman umbrella, but I have a gumball machine."
Another boy: "I have Spiderman pajamas."

Here's a link to my News Tribune review of the book I mentioned last week, "All the World," by Liz Garton Scanlon and Caldecott artist Marla Frazee. the World," by Liz Garton Scanlon and Caldecott artist Marla Frazee. It's one of the best books I've seen this year.

Talk to you soon,


No comments: