Friday, September 04, 2009


Library Day, #1

I love having kids back in the library, and they seem to love being there.

The new Sharks (first grade) are excited because now they get to browse the whole library! Plus check out three books! Plus take them home if they want!

The Superstars spotted the "The Teacher from the Black Lagoon" series on display on top of the shelves with the other school theme books. They spread them all out on the floor and argued over who got to check out "The Music Teacher from the Black Lagoon."

The three returning Bear Cubs (early learning center) were thrilled that I let them each check out two books to help populate the library book shelves in their classroom. Next week when the rest of the class starts it will be back to one book a week.

The new Beacons (second grade) have grown up so much. They knew just what they wanted to look for. Space! 175 Science Experiments! Whales!

The Navigators (third grade) read a lot over the summer. One told me she's reading "the classics" and asked me to help her find one to check out. She took The Gammage Cup, by Carole Kendall. It must be a classic. I read it when I was a child.

I had a pile of books ready to "book talk" to The Explorers (fourth and fifth grade). Hands shot up every time I asked "Anyone want this one?"

Look for our "What we read this Summer" poster on the outside school wall. It includes all grades, middle school, too, plus books that Seabury staff read.

In my next blog entry, I'll share some of the books that ended up on the poster.

Talk to you soon,

No comments: